The Martinsville Board of Zoning Appeals was called to order by Chairman Ann Marvel at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, December 15, 2020, in the Council Chambers of City Hall, Martinsville, IN.
Those members present were:
- President Ann Marvel
- Vice-Chairman Katie Barnard
- Secretary Marilyn Siderewicz
- Anna Elliott
- Tom Hacker.
Also in attendance:
- Bob Strader, Building Inspector
- Dakota VanLeeuwen, Board Attorney
A motion was made by Anna Elliott to approve the minutes of the October 27, 2020, meeting. This motion was seconded by Tom Hacker and passed unanimously.
1. Docket No. BZA20-10001: Use Variance request to construct a commercial kitchen in the garage; property address: 219 N. Ohio Street; PID #55-09-33-482-006.000.021; Legal Description: Lot 7 Blk 5 Cunningham’s 1st Addition; Owner – Tracy Harvey.
Tracy Harvey, owner of the property at 219 N. Ohio Street, was not present at the meeting to make the request. The necessary paperwork had not been returned.
MOTION: Katie Barnard made a motion to table the Use Variance request of Tracy Harvey since no one was present at the meeting to represent the applicant. The motion was seconded by Anna Elliott and passed unanimously.
2. Discussion and decision to utilize the services of the City Attorney for the calendar year 2021
Mayor Kenny Costin had asked both the Board of Zoning Appeals and the Plan Commission to consider Mr. Dale Coffey as replacement attorney for Dakota VanLeeuwen for 2021. The Mayor said that Mr. Coffey would not charge the city extra to be both groups’ attorney.
Marilyn Siderewicz made a motion to accept Mr. Dale Coffey as Attorney for the Board of Zoning Appeals for the year 2021. The motion was seconded by Tom Hacker and passed unanimously.
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING:
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Martinsville Board of Zoning Appeals will be Tuesday, January 26, 2020, at 6:00 PM.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned with a motion by Anna Elliott, seconded by Tom Hacker, and passed unanimously.