CALL TO ORDER
Commissioner Tom Gray called to order the meeting of the Unsafe Building & Hearing Authority at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 16, 2023 in the Council Chambers of Martinsville City Hall.
Commissioner Gray conducted the roll call. The following were present: G. Thomas Gray, Board Commissioner; Mike Lanam, Board Commissioner; Dwayne Metcalf, Board Commissioner; Dale Coffey, Board Attorney; Bob Strader, Building Inspector; Phil Vaught, Code Enforcement Officer; and Mac Dunn, City Superintendent
CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES
A motion to approve the minutes from the June 21, 2023 meeting was made by Commissioner Metcalf and seconded by Commissioner Gray. Motion passed 3 – 0.
PUBLIC SIGN-IN DISCUSSION
- A) Todd Maxwell, 60 N. St. Clair St: Mr. Maxwell shared with the board the repairs he had made to the back of the structure. Off the list.
- B) Mark Hoffman, Spring Lake Apartments: Mr. Hoffman spoke to the Commissioners about conversations he has had with his insurance company about the two apartment buildings that were damaged by a tornado on March 31, 2023. He is looking into possibly removing the damaged structures and rebuilding.
- A) 1305 Ash Ct: Tabled until the February 2024 meeting.
- B) 640 W. Washington St: Inspector Strader reported the property has been sold and a remodel permit has been issued. Off the list.
- C) 1010 S. Ohio St: Inspector Strader is monitoring. Discussion was tabled.
- D) 810 E. Prospect St: Attorney Coffey will send the owner a letter regarding the deteriorating condition of the garage.
- E) 489 E. Walnut St: Attorney Coffey will send a letter to the owner requesting permission for Inspector Strader to do an interior inspection.
- F) 69 Outer Dr: Tabled until the September meeting.
- G) 60 N. St. Clair St: See “Public Sign-in Discussion”
- H) Spring Lake Apartments: See “Public Sign-in Discussion
- A) 1040 E. York St: The collapsed building on this property has been removed. A “thank you” letter was mailed to the owner. Off the list.
- B) Carmel Apple Mobile Home Park – Lots 6,7,9,14,18,20,21,23,33,35: The owner was given forty-days to make the needed repairs on these mobile homes.
With no further business to discuss, a motion to adjourn was made by Commissioner Lanam and seconded by Commissioner Metcalf. Motion passed 3 – 0.