Martinsville’s City Council is made up of two at-large members and five members who represent council districts throughout the community. Council members serve a four-year term that began January 2020. As the legislative branch of municipal government, Council members are responsible for proposing and approving legislation that governs City operations. Councilors also work in partnership with the Mayor to approve annual budgets that fund local government operations. As a governing body, the Council may create standing citizen advisory boards, committees or commissions to assist Council members in conducting the public’s business.
The Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall at 59 South Jefferson Street. If a holiday falls on one of these Mondays, notice will be given for an alternative meeting date.
City Council Contacts
- Phil DeckardCity Council District 1City Council
- Ben MahanCity Council District 2 (765) 318-2195City CouncilPlan Commission
- Josh FerranCity Council District 3City Council
- Chip KellerCity Council District 4 (765) 342-4076City CouncilRedevelopment Commission
- Phil R. Deckard IIPresident Pro Tempore/City Council District 5 (765) 318-0406City Council
- Ann MillerCouncilwoman-At-LargeCity Council
- Kristopher FullerCity Councilman-at-Large (765) 341-9556Board of Works and SafetyCity Council
City Council Updates
Contact The Council
Use the form below to contact the city council.