Martinsville’s City Council is made up of two at-large members and five members who represent council districts throughout the community. Council members serve a four-year term that began January 2016. As the legislative branch of municipal government, Council members are responsible for proposing and approving legislation that governs City operations. Councilors also work in partnership with the Mayor to approve annual budgets that fund local government operations. As a governing body, the Council may create standing citizen advisory boards, committees or commissions to assist Council members in conducting the public’s business.
The Council meets the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall at 59 South Jefferson Street. If a holiday falls on one of these Mondays, notice will be given for an alternative meeting date.
City Council Contacts
- Terry BusterCity Council District 1 (765) 346-0752Board Of Public WorksCity Council
- Ben MeridaCity Council District 2, Plan Commission Chairman (765) 352-2996City CouncilPlan Commission
- Mike LanumCity Council District 3 (317) 383-7566City Council
- Chip KellerCity Council District 4 (765) 342-4076City Council
- Phil R. Deckard IICity Council District 5 (765) 318-0406City Council
- Eric BowlenAt-Large (765) 318-3039Board Of Public WorksCity Council
- Kristopher FullerAt-Large (765) 341-9556City Council