Martinsville’s City Council is made up of two at-large members and five members who represent council districts throughout the community. Council members serve a four-year term that began January 2020. As the legislative branch of municipal government, Council members are responsible for proposing and approving legislation that governs City operations. Councilors also work in partnership with the Mayor to approve annual budgets that fund local government operations. As a governing body, the Council may create standing citizen advisory boards, committees or commissions to assist Council members in conducting the public’s business.
The Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall at 59 South Jefferson Street. If a holiday falls on one of these Mondays, notice will be given for an alternative meeting date.
Common Council District 1, serving Precincts 1 & 12
Common Council District 2, serving Precinct 2
Common Council District 3, serving Precincts 3 & 10
Common Council District 4, serving Precincts 4 & 11
Common Council District 5, serving Precincts 5 & 6
Common Council Member-at-Large, serving Precincts 1-6 & 10-12
City Council Contacts
- Phil Deckard, Sr.Common Council District 1City CouncilRedevelopment Commission
- Ben MahanCommon Council District 2 (765) 318-2195City CouncilPlan Commission
- Josh FerranCommon Council District 3City Council
- Suzie LippsCommon Council District 4City Council
- Phil R. Deckard IIPresident Pro Tempore, Common Council District 5 (765) 318-0406City Council
- Ann MillerCommon Council Member-at-Large (765) 318-1723City CouncilPlan Commission
- Jim WiscoCommon Council Member-at-LargeCity Council
City Council Updates
Contact The Council
Use the form below to contact the city council.