Public Works Department
The Public Works Department oversees the activity and progress of the City’s three infrastructure-related departments: streets, water and the wastewater treatment plant. As you will see from these departments’ individual sections, there is a great deal of helpful information provided for you so you can learn about the programs and services offered by each and how to contact their respective teams.
Director of Public Works Craig DeMott
As Director of Public Works, I am extremely proud of the work done by our dedicated public works staff and the wide range of infrastructure projects and programs they handle. In addition to their regular duties, we also are working on major projects ranging from a wellfield, water mains and consistent new developments along State Road 37 and in our historic downtown.
Maintaining the framework and operations of Martinsville’s infrastructure is key to ensuring you have effective and efficient services, including well-maintained streets, timely snow removal, a safe and clean water system and a high functioning, environmentally-friendly wastewater treatment plant.
- Jan242017 Accomplishments – Street DepartmentNewsPublic Works DepartmentStreet DepartmentAccomplishments
- Jan242017 Accomplishments – Water Department and Water Treatment PlantNewsPublic Works DepartmentWater DepartmentAccomplishments
- Jan242017 Accomplishments – Wastewater Treatment PlantNewsPublic Works DepartmentWastewater Treatment PlantAccomplishments
Public Works Department Updates
- Sep11Request For Proposals – Lease of City of Martinsville Property – Industrial/Office Warehouse 10,500 Square Feet of the Rogers Block Building Located at 501 Rogers RoadBoard Of Public WorksCity CouncilPublic Works Department
- Sep11Request For Proposals – Lease of City of Martinsville Property – Industrial/Office Warehouse 3,000 Square Feet of the Rogers Block Building Located at 501 Rogers RoadBoard Of Public WorksCity CouncilPublic Works Department
- Jun27Bulk Trash WeekNewsPublic Works Department